Well... where do I start??? It's been almost 2 months since my last update and quite a bit has been happening. Am back on Anti Depressants after a visit to the Dr for other things turned into a half hr session of me in tears and a lot of stuff coming out which I didn't realise had been upsetting me! Am also on another drug for my "breathing" issues but after doing some googling late last week, I really do think I have COPD - sorry can't recall the big words that it stands for) but it's similar to asthma and I can tick off so many of the symptoms so am printing a page of info off about it and will take it to the Dr when I go back for a check up in another 3 weeks time! This particular page explains a lot of the things that I haven't been able to!
Am still in the yo-yo mood with my weight! So much for losing 20 kgs before my 40th in Jan!!! Okay, may still be doable for some but would be happy with 15 kgs gone now! I have wasted 4 mths of this year fluffing about and doing sweet bugger all about it! I am still struggling with the gym but when I do go now, I just do about 30 mins or so on the treadmill at various speeds and inclines... which is better than sitting at home for those 30 mins but I know I need to do more!!!
Food - I see it and I eat it! That basically sums up everything right now!!! Definitely better than I used to be in regards to the coke and chippies at work. Usually only once (sometimes twice) a week now rather than almost every day but still eating/drinking a lot of stuff that I shouldn't be!
Work - well that is going quite well. Am currently Acting Team Leader and have been since late April and will be until at least end of June! Am loving it and the challenges that it is bringing! And being able to put this on my CV should definitely help me with the way I want to move within DOC. Though after a chat to some colleagues this morning, I am going to investigate about doing Early Childhood Studies at the Open Polytechnic sa that is an area I would very much love to work in! Always have and always will want to work with young children!!! So will be interesting to see how that goes!
Rachel - a few issues there but all just part of Parenting I guess! She is a very early riser and thinks that Mummy should be too! It was 4.40am this morning!!! We bought her a monkey clock just before Christmas which has eyes that open at whatever time you set it and we had told her that she had to stay in bed quietly until Momo opened his eyes... it worked for about 3 mths or so but the last 6 weeks or so have been awful with her waking and calling out to me! So I am at times running on almost empty and struggling for energy but I do get there... some nights I am in bed by 9pm trying to catch up on lost sleep! Have done up a star chart (again) for her today so maybe that will work but am not holding my breath! But in other ways she is the most amazing little girl who I love to pieces!!! I love what she comes out with at times like how much she loves me and what she will do for me when she is bigger and I am littler!
Right, should get moving and do some work... just waiting for the others to finish off what they are doing so I can set off some reports and then it will be all go around here with the last minute checking before the payroll can be run!
9 comments:
welcome back i have missed you. i am in the same place as you at the moment and struggling everyday. stay strong we can do it. maryanne
Welcome back. it sounds like you have been having a bit of a rough time.
It is really hard working full time & being a Mum, you are doing a great job so don't be hard on yourself because you are struggling with the weight. You have already made some small changes.
Have a great afternoon.
Nice to see an update from you. Life goes on doesn't it... one thing to another.
You will be fine... just have to work on one or two things at a time. Rachel will outgrow the early rising EVENTUALLY I can assure you. lol
Just hang in there mate and keep plodding on, it's all we can do eh?
Nice to read an update from you!
And you should so do Early Childhood - you'd be great, and it would be so much fun!!
Great to see an update:-)
Rachel really is an early riser! Maybe it will get better over the cold winter - hope so.
Don't be too hard on yourself, you are doing an amazing job of juggling a career, being a mum and living life.
Also fantastic to see an update, I have been popping back regularly to check if you are around.
Rachel's early waking and therefore lack of sleep for you must be hard, I know I find it hard to function on lack of sleep
Once again I find myself relating to so much of what you're going through Karen! I haven't been checking blogs for a few weeks because my PND has been out of control and i've become very withdrawn as a result. It's not easy being a working mum at the best of times but being on anti-depressants, having health concerns and regular lack of sleep makes it so much harder!
Remember that you're important too and take some time out for yourself so you be pampered, even if it's just a sleep in on the weekend, that's what dads are for :-) I hope that things get easier for you!
It has been said before but don't be too hard on yourself, you are doing an amazing job of juggling a career, being a mum and living life. Hope things are going well in your life. Thinking of you xx
Hope all is well with you mate.
Post a Comment