Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I am in shock...

Can't believe that there are still people who actually check in here to see if I have done an update despite it being almost 12mths since my last update! 

Not only have I been a slack at updating here, I have also been very slack in reading other blogs too!  It's about once a month (or even 2 mths) when I read blogs and even then I get slack at commenting... so will not be surprised if I have dropped others blog radars too!

Though I guess the main thing is that most of you probably already know what I am up to as I do frequent (to often at times) updates on Facebook :)

As for my weight - that is not good at all - at the weigh in for the hospital (just had an operation on my heel and Achilles) put me at 134 kilos!!!! Which is almost 5 kilos heavier than my heaviest weight!!!  Admittingly I had on heavy jeans etc but still, it was not a nice figure to see on the scales!  And when one is only 5ft zero, that weight is definitely far to much to carry!!!!  For those that know my history, I did lose 42 odd kilos prior to having Rachel but since having her (4 1/2 yrs ago) my weight has just gone up and up and up - very slowly but it has still been going up!  It probably hasn't been helped by my heel problems and the inability to do much exercise and yes I know there is aqua jogging etc, but when one is very self conscious of wearing togs, once doesn't go to the pool very often at all!

I am definitely not going to cover everything that has happened over the last 12 mths otherwise I will be here forever!!!  In fact I am not even sure where to start - I am still big (well bigger than last update), still lazy (to a degree), still working full time while trying to be the best mum to Rachel and wife to Stephan!  We have recently got a cleaner in to take one job off us which we both used to argue over at the weekends as we both dislike housework! LOL  Letitia is just wonderful and a real superwoman when it comes to cleaning!

Rachel is 4 1/2 and starts school in November!  She is so ready to be at school so roll on the next 6mths!  Can't believe that my baby is going to be 5!!!  Where have the last 5 years gone to???  She does have the attitude of a teenager at times but from what I can gather from fellow mummy friends - this is normal but very, very trying at times!

I had an operation on my heel and achilles 2 weeks ago so am currently in a moonboot full time (night and day) until I see the surgeon next Friday.  Am supposed to be going back to work the following Monday but not sure if I will be or not as I am unable to drive and with no driving makes it difficult to get Rachel to creche and myself to the station.  We do have a couple of plans up our sleeves so just need to talk those through sometime soon so we know what is happening.  But even if I get to the station, I still need to then get from the train to the bus and then have to manage the walk up to work as well so it will be a long day when I do get back to work.

Anyway, that's enough for tonight - my foot is sore and I need to be resting it again!   Will be back soon I promise!

6 comments:

paula said...

Nice to see you back Karen. Here's to a speedy recovery with your heel.
Maybe we will get to catch up one day soon when you come up and visit your mum?

Margaret said...

I'm still checking in too Karen! And was it ever time for an update :o)

Hope you recover quickly then you can get back into life!

Paula said...

Welcome back Karen! :))

Tracy said...

It has been a trying time for you. I can't believe Rachel is almost 5, I remember following your blog well before she was born.

Make sure you look after yourself and don't go back to work too soon. It is hard being 2 working parents isn't it.

Janine said...

Nice to see you blogging again Karen. I know I have been popping in about once a month to check if you had started posting again.

Kate said...

Crazy but about 2 weeks ago I sorted out my private blogs folder and removed yours because I thought you weren't coming back!

Glad you are back though, yay!

Hope the operation will really sort out your heel. My Mum is currently in a moon boot as well (2nd broken ankle in 6 months!!).

Looking forward to reading more! xx