Friday, December 28, 2012

8 months later....

And I'm still here.  Took a break from blogs altogether but have started reading them again and thanks to a friend Tania who has recently started blogging again, I think I may try too!

About 3mths ago, a friend of mine announced on Facebook that she wanted to lose 10kgs before Christmas - she lost 9.8 kilos!  So when she announced this, I thought I can do this too and between the two of us we set up a Private Facebook support group for all those losing weight and who needed support/encouragement OR had already been there done that, and was able to offer advice/tips to those that wanted them.  The group now has about 30 members and is going along really nicely, however it hasn't helped me on the weight loss journey!  I am approx 2 kilos heavier than when I started the group!

I have joined WW for some accountability as I have found that I need to have that to ensure I keep on track!  Oooops not the case this time - however as I have joined up as a WW Plus membership (pay monthly and works out cheaper per week), I am still paying my monthly membership and I intend to be back there on the 8th Jan (first working Tues of the new year).  Am so not into counting calories, points etc and would love to be able to give up wheat/sugar etc - but I know that's not my style either.  So I just need to find something that fit's me, myself and I!

I was talking to a good friend Lucy today (who has about 20 kilos to lose) and we are going to support and encourage each other throughout 2013 and see how we get on.

Unfortunately I have major issues with my foot/heel - both the one that I had operated on almost 2 yrs ago and the other one as well!  So I am finding walking a major issue so getting back to the walking/gym that I did pre Rachel days is not an option for me right now.  Also, neither pair of togs fitted me "nicely" (in other words, they were indecent) so wasn't able to do the aqua jogging etc either so was in a vicious circle going around and around... BUT today I did manage to find a pair of togs at Kmart, so I have bought them (they are tight but more decent than the pairs I already had at home) and will be making a real effort to get to one of the local pools for Aqua jogging etc...

So let's hope that 2013 will in fact be a better year for me and my health!!!

6 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Well done on making a fresh start. I to am a blogger from way back.. and have started blogging again. I need to get back on the wagon also!
Good luck with your journey.
Oh I am Nannette and I am one of Tanias FB Friends... got your link from there!

Mel Troy x said...

Yay Karen, so proud of you. I know you can do this too. Good on you for really putting it out there, it worked for me. Much Love xo

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back... Stay with us. :).
Jo

Tania said...

Glad to see you back blogging again Karen - New Year brings new motivation - I look forward to supporting you and following your progress :-)

Anne said...

I'll www here to support you! Good luck:-)

Paula said...

Great to see you blogging again ... look forward to supporting you through your journey :) You CAN do this!!