Thursday, February 7, 2013

Days 3 & 4 done and dusted...

Ooooops realised during the night that I had forgotten to update last night - did contemplate getting up to do an update but decided not to :)

How did yesterday and today go??  Really well thanks!!  Am really getting in to the hang of things now, probably need to be a bit more adventurous at times but baby steps for me...

Garlic has now become one of my favourite condiment/herbs and using it in both lunch and dinner each day :)  Oh well apart from the days I have tuna that is...  Am starting to experiment with other herbs as well which so far has gone well.

Work was totally shit today, and will be tomorrow too!  I worked late tonight, so it was a tough job calculating meal/snack times as with Cohen's you need to have set times between meals (protein) and then again between snacks.... Then I had to drop off eggs to my sister in law - got home to find Rachel still awake (and very over tired), and all I wanted to do is cook my dinner because not only was I hungry, I didn't want to stay up to late (not supposed to eat for 2/2.5hrs prior to going to bed) either.  And I also had to cook the beef for my salad tomorrow so it was all go.  Then trying to get Stephan to get the washing in (which he did but didn't fold it as he took it off the line as I do, so there is another job that needs doing at some stage) and for him to make Rachel's lunch!    I am going to have to be a lot more organised when working late which will be a few times this month - perhaps try to get a few of the dinners in the freezer so I can have them at work (or as soon as I walk in the door) without the stress!  In the past, I often decided that I would work late at the last minute but there will be no doing that for me this year!

I have my first real social challenge on Saturday when we head to Masterton for a family BBQ as my niece from the UK is out in NZ on holiday and is only in Wgtn for about 5 days so we are all catching up with her then.  I have told my sister that I will bring along my bits and pieces with me which I think she finds strange given that we are having a BBQ with salad but as everything needs to be weighed down to the last gram; I would rather play it safe :)  My consultant has also given me a wee dessert recipe I can have using my fruit/crispbread allowance so am keen to try that and to take it to Masterton with me as my treat.  I have also taken a liking to Soda Water so am having a small glass of that each dinner time so will take a small bottle of that with me over the hill on Saturday :)

Oh I asked my niece (my consultant) are the Nurofen VS Ibprofen situation - the reason that the Cohen's Lifestyle doesn't really allow Nurofen is the fact that Nurofen is almost always sugar coated where as Ibprofen is just a plain tablet.... 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, reading along. Came from Chris diet coke rocks and looking forward to getting some tips and tricks from your journey.All the best getting through these early weeks of change.

Debbie P said...

Well done Karen - you have made it to day 5! I can't wait to hear how your weigh in goes this week - you have been doing so well!