we all know what absence from blogging can mean.... yeap you guessed it - been a bit off track in the last few days! Chocolate has snuck in a couple of times (little bits), some chippies, pizza and chips last night, bread rolls for lunch... *sigh* so not expecting a good result this week!
Fark me! I have to loose this weight! Like I have said before, I can totally understand what Lynda says in her blog re the lower carbs and high fat/protein and how it can affect your life re diabetes etc but I just can't get my head around the no potato, rice, bread side of things at all! I thought I would be able to cut them out slowly but I am really struggling!
I know overall I am definitely eating healthier and better than I was prior to Christmas which is a good thing! But it's the carbs I must reduce if I want to lower my chances of getting diabetes and other health issues!
2 comments:
Every good diet you look at says to reduce carbs - even calorie counting, WW, Jenny Craig etc. The only difference is that they allow a little. The dange of a little is that it becomes a little more and a little more! For me personally, cutting them out is has been the answer but maybe not for you.
I do believe that you need to have a real burning desire, a reason above all others. For me being healthy is a pretty good one! I just have a mental block now where bread or pizza etc is concerned. Some manage it well, others need to find what works for them.
One thing is for sure, you need to find something that will work for you :)
I really understand how you are feeling Karen as I really lost count of the number of times I tried all the well know diet plans that are out there.
It certainly isnt' easy trying to 'white knuckle' your way through life in an attempt to lose weight. I am seriously the yo-yo dieter of all times and can totally relate to the mental head space you are probably in at the moment, because I have been there so many times myself.
At some point in time something went 'ping' inside my head and I suddenly knew I could do it. I can't for the life of me even explain what happened, but I do know that I HAD to get those carbs out of my system, other wise I was constantly hungry and it was an hourly battle of my will power against the need/desire to eat.
I remember moons ago Jo wrote a quote on her blog saying " Being fat is hard, losing weight is hard, choose your hard" and this quote really resonated with me because the life I was living (being SO over weight sure was hard, and I wasn't at all happy. I told myself if I was already living a difficult existance, why not choose the hard that was going to pay off in the long run.
I lost 35kg and unfortunately had gestional diabeties during my pregnancy and put on a lot of weight so am now back to having to lose weight again.
I agree with Lynda that you have to find a method that works for you. I advocate for the low carb method because i understand how it works and once you eliminate the carbs from your system, you are literally forcing your body to burn up its excess fat.
Hope you are able to get back on track and have a good week.
Post a Comment