Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Weigh In Day

Craporola!  It's been a week since I last updated... the good news is that I managed to loose 800gms this week so I am happy with that after that big gain and then staying the same! 

I won't lie though, I am really, really struggling!!!  I know deep down I want to be slimer, I want to be healthier, I want to be fitter BUT for the life of me... I am really struggling to acheive these things!  None of them are easy and none of them can be done overnight!

Breakfast is ok. Morning tea is ok.  Lunch I am loving every day at work (cold meat (chicken or steak or salmon) and coleslaw)... but afternoons and sometimes the evening too are the times I find the hardest!  Like I have said in an earlier post,  I do not eat nuts at all so they are out as a healthy snack.  I eat fruit but it seems to be only the ones high in sugar which obviously spike my sugar levels and then they drop again quickly and I am hungry again....  I am starting to find some old habits sneaking back in - chocolate! Though it's only been this week and AF/TOM is due on Friday but then that's no excuse really.... but that's what I have been telling myself when eating the peppy chew each day :)  Had one sausage roll each week for the last 3 weeks - not the best but a lot better than one a day! No V since prior to Christmas... Coke - well I did have 1 can the other day - wasn't sure how I would enjoy it or not - I LOVED it!!!  And that I must say really really amazed me!  I thought I would have lost the taste for it and ended up throwing it away!  But apart from that 1 can, I have been caffiene free for almost 2 months which is a good thing!! But am finding myself having 2/3 cans of Fresh Up Big Fizz (fizzy fresh up basically) a week - love the refreshing taste it has, but at the same time - the sugar and carbs are really high!!!

But I must say the best thing about not eating as much crap as I used to is the money we now have!  Not a lot as I spending more at groceries buying chicken etc for my lunches but there is extra there to do family activities with Rachel etc....

Right, better get back to work - this has taken me a lot longer to do that I had anticpated....  will try to update more this week.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Do you like boiled eggs? That would make a good afternoon snack (dipped in a bit of salt, pepper & sweet chilli sauce).

Karen said...

Tracy - I have boiled eggs each day (well Mon-Fri) for morning tea so there goes that option but thanks for a great yummy suggestion! I love my eggs! :)

Lynda said...

I love that you are not giving up. I think if you were weighing weekly (say WW and paying money) you might just give up. Don't ever give up, just make more changes.

A few suggestions. Maybe try diet coke? I have it - seriously, what else would I put my rum in?? hehe... I don't mean live on the stuff but if you feel like a coke don't completely deprive yourself. If you don't like the taste then just try... better than that other sugar drink you are having.

Maybe cut the sausage rolls to once a fortnight? Or how about this - allow yourself one every week if you have a loss!! Kind of a reward.

Don't let bad stuff creep in - the more you eat healthier, the more it will become normal for you. Imagine if you can get yourself into a place where you lose every week without effort? (like me)

I will do an update about hunger/cravings so that might interest you.

Paula said...

Well done on the loss Karen. Do you like yoghurt? If so, is that something you could have a pottle of mid-late afternoon? I know when I did the nutrition course they suggested having a smoothie mid-late afternoon, or a yoghurt.

Jenny said...

Well done on your loss Karen. Please don't give up.....for some it is better to lower your carbs slowly and that seems to be what you are doing. Keep on and make small changes until it becomes easier. Good things take time .....just keep on and don't be afraid of the good fats. I still have coffee but if it's about the caffeine maybe try decaf with a some cream, no sugar. I find it good first thing in morning and again mid afternoon. Just a thought, but you have to do what is right for your body. We are all different.
Hugs :)