Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Well 4 posts in 4 days, that has to be a miracle for me over the last 12 mths or so (referring to my old blog for my new readers who I've invited to join me on this journey).

Another day over and only 2 more days left this week... *phew* then that will be 1 week down with my boss away and 1 week to go! 

Walked up to work again this morning as my train buddy was there again this morning... we had been on different trains quite a bit over the last month so we had both been lazy and using the bus!  Though the challenge will be the next 2 days when she is working at the Hutt Office of her work, so I certainly aim to walk each morning without her unless of course if it is raining cause then I would melt if I got wet! LOL

Freda - thanks for your comments and you can tell Frank that I am happy with plain water and will probably just bring my own water bottle like I used to in the "good ole days" when I did so well.  Looking forward to my next visit with rice crackers and humus... maybe either this Friday or Saturday depending on what you guys are doing.

We are having a few issues with Rachel and her sleeping at the moment, so am seriously considering dropping her day sleep as she is taking a good hour most nights to go to sleep (no matter what time she goes to bed) and then is awake about 5.15am most mornings!  She may lay in bed, but it is still to early to be waking esp as she is then getting tired by 11am.  We need to break this cycle so after doing some reading, we are really wanting to get her sleeping more.  Have been contemplating a sticker chart, and giving her a sticker if she stays in bed and lays there quietly until we go into her (in the hope that she may go back to sleep) but in all honesty I really do think we need to cut the day sleep out and get her sleeping for more hours at night!

Perhaps I should just get up when she wakes up and go for a walk... hmmmm theres food for thought but never thought I would be considering walking the streets at 5am!!!  But it may be just worth considering since I can't find the energy to do it after tea, dishes, making lunches, washing, etc etc...

I had something else I was going to say tonight, but am now having a mental block... so will sign off and will catch ya all tomorrow night :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your blogging and congrats on your walking.
Well done you.
Look forward to hopefully seeing you Friday night. Saturday night we have a friend who we haven't seen in a while coming so Friday would work out best. Hummus and rice crackers at the ready! Look forward to reading your blog tomorrow night. Hugs

Shar said...

It sounds like you're making a real effort Karen. Keep up the great work! :)
Sorry to hear about Rachel's sleep problems. I hope cutting her day sleep out does the trick for you!

I look forward to reading how tomorrow goes.

Hugs.

Lil said...

Well done with your walking to work! Also at 5am, is it still dark or has the sun come up where you live??
Lil x