Wednesday, January 4, 2012

6 months later....

Yes I am here... still alive and kicking as most of you will know through FB but I  had abandoned blogging - both reading and writing!  However that does need to change as I MUST kick some serious arse this year!!!  I saw a photo of Rachel and I taken last week at Huka Falls and I was really shocked!  Then I was at the Warehouse in Taupo and tried on a pair of size 28 jeans which I couldn't get done up!!!  Then I had a great chat with two wonderful friends of mine S & F last night and really realised that if I am going to do it I need to do it for me!!  I very reluctantly got on the scales this morning.... 134.5 kilos!!!!!  HOLY FUCK!!!  I would say how the hell did that happen but I'm not that stupid!  I know how it happened - it happened due to the crap that I am forever putting in my mouth and the minimal exercise that I am doing!

So I am calling on all my blogger friends to help me please!!!  Please check on me if I don't update here - usually means I am off track... I don't like to be nagged.... as I find that gets me angry but genuine support and concern I do appreciate!

Am not going to go through everything that I've been up to over the last 6 mths.... *phew* I hear you all say!  This is a clean slate starting now!!! 4th Jan 2012 @ 134.5 kilos!!!  That number WILL go DOWN not up!!!!

Am joining a friends Biggest Loser challenge which starts in a couple of weeks and then once my unused gym membership expires in April - I am thinking of doing WW as that is what really got me going the first time back in 2003!  Also doing some serious reading in to VLC (Very Low Carb) eating too... as a couple of blogger friends are doing that and it is really working for them!

Right, that's enough for now - I will be back tomorrow!!!

6 comments:

Paula said...

Welcome back Karen! I've also got some serious kgs to lose this year - and I'm very focussed. I'm using this week to plan, then next week it is all action, although having said that I'm already making changes this week. So ... keep checking my blog too - cos I'm going to have a go at re-starting that as well.

Janine said...

Welcome back, nice to see a post from you even if it does mean you have some hard work to do. I have also been offtrack and I need to get back to a better number for me.

We will be there for each other and I know I will check up with you.

Jaxx said...

Like you I have also been of track, in fact I am back to where I was originally..... I hate it, but I know I can only blame myself. Photos are always a good wake up call.... I am sure you can do this :)

Anne said...

It's a never ending battle for sure but I do think as long as we all keep in touch and ask for help from others when we want it the support will be there.

Good luck and I also know you can do this again.

I'm going to restart blogging as well.

Lynda said...

Hi Karen

For your weight, I don't think you need to do very low carb - just low carb is fine and you will lose weight. Very low carb I assume is about 20g a day? I do about 50g and it really is easy for me but then I am not a baker.

I seriously would ask you to just think about cutting one thing to start - wheat. I know, I know... this is probably the one thing you eat most of but that is why cutting that is so very important to you. You can bake substitute things etc but really - who actually needs baking? We all survive with none at all in our household and if Stephen wants baking I suppose you could still bake for him.

Wheat is bloating, addictive, inflammatory and most of all fattening. It raises your insulin levels and causes you to become fat. Of course sugar is as bad but cutting one thing like wheat will make such a difference alone. This includes cereals, breads etc so it really takes some thinking but it is so worth it. No calories to count, no points to count and your hunger will diminish.

Go to www.lowcarbcooking.co.nz and have a look around at what you can eat etc on low carb. Ask questions... ask me, whatever. I just know that starving your body will only cause you to regain the weight - a much different change is needed.

JustJo said...

Welcome back :) It's not going to be easy Karen, but I KNOW you can do it! You've done i before, and you WILL succeed!
*hugs*