Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fark some people!!!

There is a guy at work who has said from day 1 (well since he got back to work from his leave) that he will always support me with this life style change.... and today he went to the bakery with the boss and asked me if I wanted a sausage roll to which I said "no thank you" and he said he was going to get one and I asked him not to bring it back to the office.  Anyway, he did and I was really pissed off!  About an hr later, he asked me what was wrong!  So I told him that I had meant it when I asked him NOT to bring it back and he got his knickers in a huge twist saying he too was on a diet and how he walks every night etc!!  The thing here is that he has been on his "diet" for the last 3 (if not more) years and has accepted the lifestyle... whereas I am only 4 weeks into my lifestyle change and am really wanting those sausage rolls so to me there is a HUGE difference between our two situations but in his eyes its exactly the same!   I am still real angry about it all... hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Totally wheat free today - woohoo!!!  Slowly but surely.... Scrambled eggs for breakfast, fruit for morning tea, coleslaw, cold roast pork and cherry tomatoes for lunch and then sausages for tea with some oven baked fries as Stephan couldn't be bothered doing anything else.  He cooks tea as he is home about a couple of hrs before me so 9 times out of 10 dinner is more or less ready when I get home from work.

But yesterday was a bit of a rough day foodwise, but I know where I went wrong and what I won't be doing again....

I got a call today from the role I applied for in Lower Hutt.  Due to the high standard of the CV's etc that were received, the Payroll Mgr is meeting about 10 of us for "coffee" (over a few days) to enable her to do the short list for the interview.  I am one of those 10, so am meeting her for a "meet and greet coffee" next Wednesday afternoon.  Works out quite well as I am on leave then, and I can drop Rachel at Stephan's work as he finishes and then head to the meeting.  Fingers crossed I make the short list for an interview.  Although it is in Lower Hutt (approx 10-15 min drive depending on traffic), the starting salary is roughly what I am currently on! 

I have a few friends curious as to what I am doing with the weight loss, so I am passing on the link Lynda's blog to them so they can read all about it for themselves.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Grrrr at that guy at work. You know of course when your way works for you he will want to do it too!! Don't stress about the less than perfect days, remember this is about long term change and don't for a second think of this as a fad. Don't feel any pressure from me either, you are free to do any diet you chose.

Paula said...

I'm not surprised that you're angry with your work colleague ... but don't dwell on the anger too long - it may just lead you to emotional eating and you don't want that. Well done on staying on track when the carrot was dangled in front of you. Good luck with the job application :)