so in order for me to avoid the temptation of sausage rolls and V, I deliberately caught the bus past work and came back from the other direction so I didn't need to go past the street the Bakery is in so avoided all temptation! My boss and colleague went there at lunch time and teased me about getting sausage rolls for lunch but they didn't!
I have just ordered a PowerMax blender through Fly Buys to make smoothies in! We do have one of those turbo sticks but they can get a bit messy and fiddly at times... so talked to Stephan and we have decided to get a proper blender so will be looking forward to collecting that in the next couple of days. Then next on the list is getting some berries and protein powder to go in the smoothies.
Am still doing well going low carb but at the same time, I know there are still changes that I need to make and I will make them over time.
3 comments:
Don't you dare give up!! It can take awhile for your body to make adjustments but it will all be for the better. Ignore those guys at work, I know they really want you to be healthy. If you make a protein shake ie, it you buy some protein powder, look for a low carb one and don't use too much milk and that contains carbs. I often do half milk, some water, fruit etc. It will be great quick breakfast or it could even supplement whatever else you have.
Don't worry about weight too much yet, making the changes are the most important right now.
Lynda gives some some good advice. I guess you are like me and the "low carb" thing is taking a while to adjust to.
I find smoothies for breakfast a great way to start the day.
Well done Karen on putting a technique in place to avoid the bakery. Cruel colleagues though teasing you! I've been taking half a can of fruit salad with 1/3 Weight Watchers jelly to work for lunch - and really enjoying it. Nice and refreshing - and a nice treat for the middle of the day.
Post a Comment