Yeap day 5 of no coke or V!!! No headache/s today so therefore no panadol required to be taken! Yay!
Sorry for no update last night, went out to a Stampin Up training session and by the time I got home, made my lunch and checked emails, I just couldn't be bothered doing an update :)
Been doing rather well with the Low Carb eating - once I sort out my breakfasts, then I think I will be rather happy with my eating with a small potato with my dinner. Tonight, Stephan found a recipe from the HFG (Healthy Food Guide) site - Baked chicken with Lemon and Kumera! I only had 4 thin slices of kumera and boy oh boy the chicken was real yummy!!
Am going try to do some reading on Paleo meals over the weekend... and then try some of their recipes.
And as it has been a LONG time since I shared a photo or two on my blog, I thought I would give it a go tonight...
This is the photo that was one of the lightbulb moments that made me realise I had to do something - I hate it!!!
And one of Rachel on the vertical bungy while we were in Taupo!
3 comments:
I'm really proud of what you are doing Karen. One thing I do know is that the more knowledge you have about what you are doing makes it easier. Understanding why you need to eat like this is important. The main thing you need is happen is for your hunger to go - once that happens you know you are doing it right!
You will easily get to the point where you won't want that potato either - kumera is a better choice but I really don't miss that part of my meal now. Getting rid of wheat is massive so good on you.
Opps... meant to say I LOVE the photo of Rachel on the vertical bungy. My favourite photo of her so far!
Hi Karen. For some ideas for breakfasts, check out this website too. While it is aimed at children, it seems to have ideas that entire families can use/adapt ... http://www.breakfasteaters.org.nz/
The ‘breakfast-eaters’ promotion aims to increase the number of children eating a good breakfast every day. This work is part of Health Sponsorship Council's Nutrition and Physical Activity Programme, which is aimed at improving nutrition, increasing physical activity and contributing towards reducing obesity rates.
The promotion is based on evidence that breakfast has a positive effect on academic performance, concentration, being active, general nutrition, and weight.
The Health Sponsorship Council (HSC) is a New Zealand government agency that promotes health and encourages healthy lifestyles.
Post a Comment