Saturday, January 21, 2012

It's been a couple of days....

since my last update and I am sorry about that - been a busy wee bee :)  Thursday evening was chaotic with the "surprise delivery" (aka the new lounge suite) finally turning up at 6.45pm and then I still had to bake a cake for a shared morning tea at work on Friday (which was also my b/day).  Then Friday (yesterday), I ended up going to pick up our free range eggs from my friend and then stopped by to see some wonderful friends of mine and well I didn't get home till 10.30pm! 

Haven't had the best of days either really..... Due to the chaos of Thursday evening, we ended up having fish and chips for tea (crumbed fish and a few chips).  Then on Friday, I did have a piece of my birthday cake which I must say was delicious (chocolate banana cake) and nothing else at the morning tea which I was proud of.  Then Stephan and Rachel came into town to meet for lunch..... avoiding the carbs/wheat as much as I could I ordered an all day breakfast with no toast.  So had 2 poached eggs, 2 slices of bacon, 2 sausages (which I only ate 1 of), heaps of creamy mushrooms (which Stephan ate most of as I am not that keen on them).  But after having that for dinner, I was full and definitely didn't need any snacking during the afternoon.  Then while out on Friday evening at my friends, we had some of my favourite corn chips (as my birthday treat) and some rice crackers/hummus and strawberries.  I was very pleased with myself as they got some coke out for me as a treat and I said no to that and had some juice that I had brought along instead.  It's now been 2 weeks caffeine free! Am so proud of myself!

This morning I wasn't hungry at breakfast time, so ended up having nothing until lunchtime where I had some scrambled eggs... then nothing again until tea where we have just had takeaway curries!  I struggled to eat the chicken from it and hardly touched the rice... and oh a garlic nan which was huge but couldn't all of that either. So I think I am slowly adjusting to the low carbs/wheat lifestyle change (don't like the word diet).  And I think the seat belt in my car is fitting me a bit better too...

Am having a quiet night tonight, and will definitely be having an early night as it was about midnight before I fell asleep last night and I like to get up early on Saturdays to do the groceries with Rachel before it get's to busy!  Am hoping Rachel will sleep in tomorrow as she is so over tired and despite going to bed at 6.30pm when she was more or less asleep on the couch... she is still awake in bed reading her books!  Her room gets like a sauna in the summer time but she has her window wide open, the fan going and door open so can't do much else really.  We are looking at changing her room around with the spare room but before we do that we have to finish tiding the spare room, and then paint it etc... so a few things to do on our list.

Catch ya all later :)

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Some good choices there Karen... maybe next time don't order the garlic naan... lots of carbs in that. Maybe better to have a little rice.

Now that your birthday is over you can settle into the lifestyle a little more. I hate the word diet too and believe that whatever we do has to be a change for life. That is why I say slowly... one thing at a time. All of these changes you make will pay hugely in your health. Just don't give up. The more you say no to carbs, the more your cravings will go away.